We are always more than happy to make time for our valued clients
We feel that the key to our success has been our drive to stay as human as possible. We understand that each project comes with its own individual circumstances and challenges, and therefore a catch-all approach to providing our services simply won’t work.
We have thousands of satisfied customers from over the years, see our Testimonials page.
When you contact us, we’re always keen to ensure that the entire process of enquiring, booking and carrying out the necessary tests is hassle-free. Our team of experts will arrange appointments at your convenience at times that suit you.
JosTec pride ourselves in our professional approach to our work, and always aim to be as knowledgeable as we can be. As such, wherever possible we are fully accredited or registered with reputable schemes. We are:
- Registered with SITMA for sound insulation testing
- Registered with ATTMA for air tightness testing
- BPEC trained for ventilation testing and commissioning
- Accredited by Elmhurst for SAP and SBEM calculations
We’ve carried out thousands of tests or calculations in each discipline, and take every failed test or calculation as an opportunity to learn, and help our customers avoid failing in the future.
You can check out our full list of services here.
Robert started out his career in acoustics in 2005, having studied Sound Technology at college. He started his career as an acoustic engineer for Philip Acoustics. He was tasked with carrying out external noise surveys and sound insulation tests there, and realised he had a natural knack for applying his acoustics knowledge to new build and conversion projects. After that, Rob went on to work at Site Sound and over the space of five years at the two different companies, learnt all there was to know about sound insulation testing, and was ready to start his own company.
Robert is a member of the Institute of Acoustics and constantly keeps himself up to date with new products and systems. Having been in the industry for 15 years, there’s rarely a question he can’t answer.
His two dogs, Archie and Roscoe ensure that the office is never dull… or quiet.
Adam took a slightly different route into the industry. He completed a degree in Marketing, Advertising and PR at Birmingham City University, before a stint at a start-up design agency and in the communications team of the Care Quality Commission gave him the skills required to join Robert, at just the right time to start RJ Acoustics (now JosTec).
Because of this, most of his learning has been on the job, but after ten years, he’s now vastly knowledgeable about air tightness, energy efficiency and ventilation.
All decisions are jointly made, but Adam takes the lead on the accounting and marketing side of the business
Robert and Adam are, in case you hadn’t figured it out, brothers.
- You fill in our contact form, call us, or send an e-mail, registering your interest in receiving a quote. We call you back and gain all the information we need to give you a fair quote.
- We aim to get your quote to you the same day. Depending on the number of properties we’re testing and the types of test you require, discounts may apply.
- Once agreed, we book in a test at a time that is convenient to you.
- We’ll send you a confirmation e-mail, reminding you of any requirements we may have for the test day to ensure that we can be in and out as quickly as possible.
- On the day, we arrive on time and carry out tests swiftly and efficiently, allowing you to get back to work as soon as possible.
- Once we have received payment, we can release all reports and certificates. We typically aim to have these turned around within 48 hours